In Home Cooking Classes
Wouldn't it be fun to have a professional chef come to your home and teach you and your friends some tricks of the trade? You'll add some new recipes to your repertoire, get new ideas for entertaining, learn new culinary skills that help make cooking easy and fun, and socialize with your friends!
As a culinary instructor, I want to inspire you to pursue your culinary passions. I'll help you organize your class and choose a curriculum. I bring all the food and equipment and I clean up my mess when I'm done! You and your friends help prepare the recipes with guidance from me. It's a hands-on class so be prepared to gain some new knowledge and the experience of doing rather than just watching.
More Than Just Cooking
I'll give you information on the dishes we're preparing - where they come from, historical significance, etc. I'll show you easy ways to do things so you'll look forward to making these dishes again and again. Did I mention that you get to eat some delicious food? The best part is that you and your friends made this food.
Below are a sample of classes available. If you are looking for specific instruction or techniques, call me and I'll customize a class to your needs.
- Italian Feast: Panzanella Bread Salad, Osso Buco, Lemon Thyme Risotto with Asparagus, White Russian Tiramisu
- Small Plates: Baked Brie Cups, Steak & Chimichurri Toasts, Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms, Roasted Olives
- Delectable Desserts: Chocolate Mousse, Individual Lemon Curd Cheesecakes, Key Lime Bars, Individual Baked Alaskas
- Southwest Celebration: Tortilla Soup, Chicken and Steak Fajitas, Roasted Corn with Chipotle Crema, Mexican Mocha Cheesecake
- Asian Inspiration: Thai Shrimp Bisque, Ginger Flank Steak with Sake-Glazed Vegetables, Jasmine Rice with Lemon & Peas, Ginger Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce
A 3 hour class is $225 plus the cost of groceries. Additional time is $75 per hour. Class size is limited to the size of your kitchen and whether the class is hands-on or demonstration.