In Home Cooking Classes
Wouldn't it be fun to have a professional chef come to your home and teach you and your friends some tricks of the trade? You'll add some new recipes to your repertoire, get new ideas for entertaining, learn new culinary skills that help make cooking easy and fun, and socialize with your friends!
As a culinary instructor, I want to inspire you to pursue your culinary passions. I'll help you organize your class and choose a curriculum. I bring all the food and equipment and I clean up my mess when I'm done! You and your friends help prepare the recipes with guidance from me. It's a hands-on class so be prepared to gain some new knowledge and the experience of doing rather than just watching.
More Than Just Cooking
I'll give you information on the dishes we're preparing - where they come from, historical significance, etc. I'll show you easy ways to do things so you'll look forward to making these dishes again and again. Did I mention that you get to eat some delicious food? The best part is that you and your friends made this food.
Below is a sample of classes available. If you are looking for specific instruction or techniques, call me and I'll customize a class to your needs.
- Asian Inspiration: Thai Shrimp Bisque, Ginger Flank Steak with Sake-Glazed Vegetables, Jasmine Rice with Lemon & Peas, Ginger Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce
- Meatless Summer Menu: Baked Brie Cups, Greek Salad, Linguine with Roasted Asparagus and Almond Pesto, Crème Brulee
- Small Plates: Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes with Tapenade, Ginger Shrimp Toasts, Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Dates, Frico, Lemon Mousse, Hazelnut Mousse
- Southwest Fiesta: Cilantro Lime Shrimp, Black Bean-Tomato Soup with Cilantro Lime Cream, Pan-Roasted Chicken with Mole, Skillet-Roasted Carrots, Chilled Mango Lime Coconut Soufflé
- Casual Dinner Party: Roasted Bell Pepper, Olive, and Caper Crostini, Salad With Fennel, Dried Cherries, Walnuts, and Roquefort, Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Figs and Goat Cheese, Pan-Roasted Zucchini with Gremolata, Herbed Orzo with Toasted Pine Nuts, Brown Sugar Shortcakes with Strawberries and Brown Sugar Cream
A 3 hour class starts at $225 plus the cost of groceries. Additional time is $75 per hour. Class size is limited to the size of your kitchen and whether the class is hands-on or demonstration.